Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rave Reviews

My Mother in law and I made Ratatouille and Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream. All in the same day!! Both recipes were fantastic! I really loved the flavors of the Ratatouille and all the veggies make you feel like you are eating a hearty and healthy meal.

With the ice cream recipe we made one small change. Instead of using Baker's chocolate we used Hershey's semi sweet chocolate chips. They chips didn't melt all the way because of the wax they put in the chips. It was more like chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips. Don't get me wrong the ice cream was delicious but it wasn't as smooth as it could have been. But we learned something. There is no substitute for bakers chocolate!

Now I'm off to tackle those delicious leftovers. My mouth is watering right now just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment