Monday, July 5, 2010

Sarah's Kielbasa

I heart Kielbasa. I think it's better than Bacon. (SHOCKING!) My love comes from childhood when my Dad used to cook. Most of his dinners included Kielbasa. Have you every had spaghetti with Kielbasa? Seriously it's the best. Back to the main point.

One day while talking to my sister Sarah I whined that I wanted to make Dad's Kielbasa. But my sister said she had a better way to make it. And she was right.

6 large potatoes peeled and chopped
10 carrots peeled and chopped
1/2 of an onion, chopped
1 package Skinless Kielbasa, sliced
Seasoning Salt

Start chopping like you've never chopped before. Combine Kielbasa, carrots, potatoes, and onions in a large bowl. Sprinkle a little seasoning salt and stir. Repeat until you feel like you have achieved the correct seasoning salt to Kielbasa ratio.


Grease a 9x13 casserole dish. Add kielbasa mixture. Cover with tin foil. Bake for one hour at 375 degrees. This allow the all flavors to marry. Yeah I said it. Marry. It's something all the chefs on the Food Network say.


Serve hot and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. That looks really good, I'll probably add some red and green pepper to this when I make it. You can do kind of the same thing using Italian sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious and something I will make but probably not till the fall or winter. I think I will also add some red and green peppers, I bet it would also be good with sweet potatoes. I make something similar but use Italian sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no way that anything is better than bacon. So say otherwise is blasphemy.

    ReplyDelete